Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

09 Silverado grinding/rubbing noise

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by nxconvict, Jan 2, 2010.

1. nxconvict

nxconvict New Member

i noticed a strange grinding or rubbing noise from the rear of the truck (sounds like the passenger rear). If im traveling at 50 and it drops just below and i give it just a little gas i can get the noise to happen. if i give it a heavy foot i dont hear it. dosent matter what speed im traveling it happpens. any ideas on what this could be.

2. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

I have noticed the same noise. But dismissed it as asphalt or road noise maybe there is something to it. Seems to be more noticeable while using cruise control.

3. Mr Dragon

Mr Dragon Rockstar

Its under warranty isnt it? Let your dealership figure it out. Sounds lkike they may know already if more than one of you are having an issue. Nothing coming from mine, but I dont dirve it in cruise under 65mph.

4. nxconvict

nxconvict New Member

Had it looked at the dealer today and they said it needed a exhaust flex pipe kit 2372465. i just dont get how that can make the noise im hearing. after thinking about it, it almost sounds like rivets grinding into the drum but just when slight gas is applied. not all the time, i had to work for the noise today.

5. starsilverado

starsilverado Rockstar 100 Posts

Did they tell you why you need the kit?

6. serg49512

serg49512 New Member

I have a funny sound coming from the front of my truck almost sounds like stuck caliper or bearing.

7. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Our 07 Tahoe had a similar grinding sound. It was the rear calipers eating the rotars. Apparently it's a common issue with the caliper not fully disengaging all of the time. Get your brakes checked just to be sure. New rotars aren't cheap.