1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

09 silverado wheels

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by BILLP, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BILLP

BILLP New Member

Hey guys, I have a 2009 Silverado LT with 17in rims. I found a set of 18in z71 rims that i would like to put on it. can anyone tell me if these will clear? thank you!
  2. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

Clear what? Do you have bigger brakes, bigger tires, lift, drop?

Welcome to the Club!:sign0016:
  3. BILLP

BILLP New Member

Thanks for the welcome and answering so quick Cheez. my truck is still all stock, I put oem wheels with snow tires on this winter and every once and awhile when turning & hitting bumps or dips, the tire hits up front.
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

As long as you keep the same diameter and width tire as stock (i.e. 31" x 11"), regardless if it's a 17" or 18" rim, you'll be fine. Another good reason to keep the same diameter for your purposes, if you don't have a programmer, is so that your computer reads the correct speed regardless which set of wheels/tires you have mounted.

BTW...Welcome to the Club!!!

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Here is a link that will let you play around with tire sizes if you're looking to keep the same diameter and width that would fit the 18"s.

http://www.1010tires.com/TireSizeCalculator.asp?action=submit
  5. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

[MENTION=37237]mfleetwood[/MENTION] pretty much nailed it. I went from stock 16" wheels to stock 20" wheels on my truck. The only problem I've had is the speedometer/odometer being off.
  6. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They should fit fine. But as mentioned above, your speedometer will be off a little.
  7. Cheez

Cheez Member 100 Posts

I know they'll fit. They've been on for nearly a year. I was giving my situation to help [MENTION=53883]BILLP[/MENTION] feel better about going up 1" in size.