1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

09 Silverado Z71 LTZ Need Better Riding Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by topgun_technology, Aug 8, 2009.

1. topgun_technology

topgun_technology New Member

Has anyone replaced the stock Bridgestone Dueler A/T P265/65R18's? Looking for a better riding and performing tire especially for wet and dry road traction. If I go up to a 275/65/18 there are considerably more tires to choose from. Any problems going to a 275 with the stock 18" aluminum wheels?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. CTsilverado

CTsilverado New Member

There are plenty of different tires to choose from in the stock size. What width are the those stock wheels? Moving to a wider width would depend on the width of the wheel.

edit: Nice truck, btw!
  3. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site and congrat's on the new LTZ! As far as better riding tires, the best I've ever tried was Michelin. Much better than OEM!
  4. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm sure they're just the Regular Bstone Dueler A/T's... The Dueler A/T REVO's are considerably better in my opinion... I've never had a problem with them! and Never got stuck in snow or mud either
  5. topgun_technology

topgun_technology New Member

Thanks everyone! Lovin the new ride except for the horrible wet traction the stock Dueler's have. Lots of wet roads in South Florida! The stock aluminum wheels are 18X8's. There's roughly 6 tires in the 265's and dozen's in the 275's. I'm thinking I can get away with the extra 1/2" in width.
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

If you want better riding tires buy some smaller diameter wheels. The bigger the diameter of the wheel the smaller the sidewall and the harder the tire is going to ride.
  7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

8. Coneklr

Coneklr Member

Geolanders.
    Also Mich LTX if you wish to move away from on/offroad tires.