1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

'09 Tailgate spoiler vs cap

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by troyb, Jun 7, 2010.

1. troyb

troyb Member

I'm diggin' the looks of the tailgate spoiler on the NBS Silverados. I would like to install one on my '09 Ext Cab 2500HD. Anyone know if this swap be accomplished?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

3. troyb

troyb Member

thanks heartbeat, but I'm referring to the OEM tailgate spoiler/protector in place of the plain tailgate protector.

4. Greg84

Greg84 Rockstar 100 Posts

You can do it, but you need 4 riv-nuts and the tool to install them in your tailgate. The holes for the riv nuts are already stamped in the metal but the riv-nuts are not installed if you don't have the spoiler.

5. troyb

troyb Member

Thanks for the info. Had to do the riv-nuts when I installed my bug deflector, should be no problem, thanks again.