1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1.5 vs 2 inch cv?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by chase87, Dec 28, 2010.

1. chase87

chase87 New Member

i know from talking to a pro comp rep that their 1.5 inch leveling kit leaves the CV shifts within its tolerances so that it does not bind up. what about the 2 inch leveling kits? will the extra .5 inch cause binding and excessive wear?
  2. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts

everything but level will use more wear. on the 2 inch my guess is the rubber both will actually wear of faster since its gonna touch !!!????
  3. chase87

chase87 New Member

i would be using summits aluminum or skyjackers aluminum strut spacers. straight up bolt on stuff. im talking about CV U-joint wear?
  4. DAREDEVIL

Thats what i am talking about !!!
  5. chase87

chase87 New Member

im not worrried about the boot as much as the axle binding up and damaging the transfer case and differential.
  6. DAREDEVIL

The u joints wont hit ..even at 3 inches...but it will 100% be more wear..also if the boot is ripped ..it will rust and dirt will get in !!!

I hope for u , that now u care about the boot..I HAD IT HAPPEN TO ME !!!!!!

Your asking for an opinion, then i give u one that realy is true..and u still want to do it ??!!

GO AHEAD !!!!!
  7. chase87

chase87 New Member

thanks man il just keep it at its stock stance.