1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1 wire to 3 wire o2 sensor conversion

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by L0sts0ul, Jun 26, 2009.

1. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member

Hey,

has anyone tried this comversion? think there is much to it? I can't see it being that tough... but I was curious. Thought I would ask instead of reinventing the wheel...
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

I've always just put in a new bung and ran a stand alone controller for a wideband O2 sensor. I assume you're looking for AFR.

Off topic: Did the Holley TBI injectors do much for you? Is it the oversized bore throttle body assembly or just the injectors?
  3. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul New Member

with the o2 sensor, the 1 wire has to heat up for even the PCM to read it right, hence the reason the EGR valve causes you to waste so much gas on startup, and yes... the change over to the holly system was about 20hp by the ass dyno... also a noticable difference in torque when hauling up hills.

http://www.holley.com/500-6S.asp

thats the assembly, injectors and throttle body, but if you are serious about doing that upgrade you need to get the edelbrock intake at the same time... if you are doing that... consider heads too... then the headers too.... its a HUGE undertaking but you don't wanna take all that crap apart twice... believe me.