1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

10 ply tire pressure

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by carrfire, Mar 27, 2009.

1. carrfire

carrfire New Member

I have a 2008 silverado 1500 crew cab 2WD. I just got LT265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers on because i tow 10% of the time a 4000lb boat. my questions is:
    what pressure do you guys say i should run the tires at the other 90% of the time? i've been told 45, 55, 65. what do you guys think?
    thanks...
  2. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

If you run too low the tires will wear on the outside edges. On the other hand too much air will cause inside wear. Other than that the firmer ride and more air gives you better gas mileage!

Barrack
  3. Z71_guy

Z71_guy New Member 1000 Posts

look at your door jam it should say 35psi i would run it at that when not towing
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

I've got the Terra Grapplers and will have the computer flashed to 55 psi. My buddy has tried a few different settings on his f250 and found 55 to be optimum.
    Even though my rear tires should be 79 psi according to GM and the fronts should be 60.
  5. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

run what it says on the side of the tire as the max inflatio