10 vehicles to end production in 2012 Check this out.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Enkeiavalanche, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

At least the Colorado is retiring the same year as the Ranger...

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I thought the Canyon was supposed to be redesigned this coming year.

4. Ridyn

Ridyn Rockstar 100 Posts

I think that is the last one that will be coming out if it does. If not, I'm glad it's being retired, it wasn't my favorite truck to see on the road. Small LUV trucks had their spot in our history, now adays what's really small but large enough to need a LUV truck? I think our newer trucks are more than capable of doing all those things, and with the inflation in our economy it makes sense to get rid of things that don't sell and cost a bunch of money to keep alive.

5. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Honestly I hate to see smaller trucks discontinued (other than the Ridgeline). Not everyone needs a big V8 truck and can haul 4000+ and huge bed . They are perfect for a boys first truck or people who live in the suburbs. IMO every family needs a truck either small or large. I am not even thinking about the business side, with the smaller truck not making enough profits blah blah blah. Plus it doesnt help the government placed stricter minimum fuel mpg on auto makers. Now what people have the option between is small suv/ honda ridgeline and skip right up a fullsize truck.

6. Barnettamb

Barnettamb Member

yeah thats true but most new full size trucks were getting almost as good if not better gas milage as the small outdated trucks.

7. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 3 Years 1000 Posts

I have a friend that bought a Colorado and everything was great until a few things happened......... 1. it burns close to enough gas that he wishes he just got a 1500 full size Silverado and 2. very few companies support it for aftermarket parts so he can't upgrade much.

It's a good thing they they are discontinuing them. The aftermarket space for the S-10 is still bigger than anything available for the Colorado.