1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

10 year anniversary.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Henchman, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Henchman

Henchman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

:sign0018:Ladies and Gentlemen...I know this is off subject, but I come to you guys to help me out. I've got a ten year anniversary coming up and I need some ideas for the ideal gift. What do you normally get at ten years? HELP! I'm 29 and He's 31...if that helps. Money wise, up to $2000 but willing to spend more on this woman.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

For our 20th anniversary last year I took my wife to Las Vegas and we renewed our wedding vows by having Elvis remarry us. Maybe a trip somewhere or a theme wedding.
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Traditionally the 10th Anniversary is a gift of Tin or Aluminum. Sounds kinda cheap. Of course a nice set of alloy wheels sounds good too. (For her ride, not yours)

Platinum is traditional for the 20th. A gift of platinum would tell her you are going to be around for the next ten years too.

Congrats on 10, and hope you make the big 50th together.
  4. Henchman

Wel I was going to throw diamonds in the mix but tin or aluminum sounds great! We've already got a trip planned for Cabo next February, but something to go along with it would be great. We never got to go on a honeymoon and I don't buy her much jewlery because she doesn't want me to spend the money. But I've got it all saved up without her knowing. And I know she loves jewlery.
  5. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Ten years = Diamonds. Can't go wrong with diamonds, but you you know her better than we do!:glasses:
  6. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Well me personally I would be tickled to death with the aluminum wheels, but then again I'm not your average ordinary girl. My dad bought my mom a pair of 1 karat diamond earrings for there 10th anniversary, and she wears them to this day 17 years later! If you do buy diamond anything makes sure you get an extended warranty, I know this sounds stupid but trust me it's worth it. My mom lost one of the stones out of one of her earrings, so we took it back to Alvin's jewelry store and they replaced the stone with an equal stone in clarity and grade for free! Anyone who has bought expensive jewelry know this is true, and I believe as of right now a market value on a 1 karat E1 or E2 clarity is around $3,000 so I hope you saved a lot! :great:

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!!!!!
  7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

haha, that's awesome.
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've been married for going-on 8 years now and we've not had time/$$ for a good trip, so hopefully I can do it right by the 10th. Permament gifts, time, travel, etc. Go someplace nice for a weekend or a week. Of course, some new rims would be nice too. :)
  9. Henchman

Well she's drives an 06 Impala LT and she likes it the way it is. I would love to spice it up. I think we are looking to get her a new Malibu here in the near future anyways. Sounds like diamonds is the way to go. Something else that I heard people do is do an upgrade on the womans ring. You add to it. Do any of you girls like that or have ever done it? I meantioned it to my wife about our 5 year anniversary and she told me that thing ring is supposed to be the way it is from when you get marrried. maybe she has changed her mind.
  10. zubbiez

zubbiez Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

My wife is pretty sentimental about her first ring, and wouldnt let me put a bigger rock in it however she had no problem going down to the jewlers and picking out a new ring with a big rock for our ten year annaverasry