1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

100,000 Mile Maintenance?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by Localsun77, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Localsun77

Localsun77 New Member

Hello everyone! I just bought a new to me 2009 gmc sierra and I have about 74 k in it. I was wanting to know everyone's opinion or advice for 100k maintaince, thanks!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

*****Thread Moved*****
    To The
    Maintenance Tech Section

3. Localsun77

Localsun77 New Member

Hey thanks, nice to meet everybody, hoping to get some pics of my truck up
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

Depending on What Maintenance has been done to the Truck at this point "74K miles".......when it hits 100K Miles, you could look at some the following,
    ......A Cleaning of the MAF Sensor.....using CRC's MAF Sensor Cleaner
    ......^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Throttle Body and Injector's
    .....A Flush of the.....Coolant, Brake, Steering and Diff. Fluids
    .....On the Transmission, Drop the Pan and Replace the Filter
    .....A New Set of Plugs-n-Wires and go with A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs

.....Check All Belts-n-Hoses, and Replace if needed
    .....Check the Brake Pads, Replace if needed

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I agree with what [MENTION=25593]99'HEARTBEAT[/MENTION] posted. You may also want to check out the shocks.
  6. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

All the above and I would also look into changing the fuel filter
  7. Pikey

I don't think that the fuel filters are changeable after 2004. My 05 has a filter in the tank
  8. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 New Member 100 Posts

that may be a problem
  9. 99'HEARTBEAT

Correct.....
    starting in 2004" the Fuel Filter was moved to the Fuel Tank and is non-serviceable, with the exception of the Flex Fuel and the 4.3 V6. They were moved to the Tank in 2005" and now part of the Fuel Pump Assembly.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  10. Pikey

I would also change the t-case fluid. I think that the recommended interval is 50,000 miles.