1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

12.2 F in DFW

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by ChevyFan, Jan 9, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

BRRR, I got up at 7 AM this morning and it was 12.2 F on my thermometer! BRRRR, that's the coldest it's been in DFW since I've been here just over 10 years.

2. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We had 14 last Monday at 6am (4th JAN), felt much colder with the 20mph wind!!!!

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

0445 on the way to work this morning at -17 and -25 with wind chill, wake me when winter really shows up!!

4. donl

donl Rockstar 100 Posts

-30 Thursday morning and -32 yesterday morning but much better today. Makes the alternator squeal just a bit when you fire it up for the first time when it's that damn cold.

5. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Coldest I've seen it here has been -20*F, and there was no wind that day!

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, but this cold here causes problems. I think my foundation shifted the other night becuase of the soft soil and the cold temps. I heard some hollow thud sounds and I have more cracks today than I did last week.

7. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Finally got warm enough to ride the bike today, should warm up more this coming week.

8. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Foundation, I thought you guys in the south just built on cement slabs

9. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

We do, but they still have settling issues with changes in the weather, the soil here is terrible for buildings.
    My neighbor just had Cable Lock done to his house to prevent setting issues, it cost $14,000 not including crack repairs.
    Summer ya gotta water them like the lawn, winter you really cant do mutch but grin and bear it.

10. der3k

der3k New Member

Houston weather is nuts. One day its 30 the next its 60.