Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

12 Captiva 2.4 issues

Discussion in 'Chevy Captiva Sport Forum (Saturn Vue)' started by Krull, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Krull

Krull New Member

Wow, good news that a ECU reprogram fixed your idle! I hope I can be that lucky. I had too big of a list of problems for a Friday, so the dealer rescheduled me to December 2nd. They want to keep the Captiva for a few days. Will post how it all turned out after I get it back.

2. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Awesome. Ha you have your appointment on the same day I get my endoscopy for my stomach ulcer. (going to see if I can get a copy of the video) lol.

Are they going to give you a loaner while they have it?

3. Krull

Krull New Member

Hope the procedure goes ok! Yes, they will give me a loaner, probably a GMC Terrain like last time.

4. Camaro69car

let me know how it works out

5. Krull

Krull New Member

Well, I could not drop my car off at the dealer despite having appointments and driving 88 miles to different dealerships and 3 attempts. They refused each time. McDonald GMC Cadillac in Saginaw, MI and McDonald Chevrolet in Millington, MI. I have been waiting since Nov.22 to take my car in. The GMC Cadillac dealership refuses to look at it and says it must go to a Chevrolet dealership, they called up their Millington dealership and told them I was coming over. I drove 30 miles to get there and they didn't know who I was or that I was coming. No loaners, no help, so I drove home. Was great waking up early this morning, driving around for a hour for no reason. (I work 2nd shift, lost 3-4 hours of sleep today).

I called their service department, asked for help telling them the run around I got, they said they would call me back, no calls from either of the service people. I drove by the Mcdonald GMC Cadillac again on my way to work hoping they would just take it and give me a loaner but they refused to help me again. Its a little confusing because they have serviced the car in the past. Now I have to wait till December 10th to take it way out of the way to Millington again, where they no doubt will stamp all my problems as could not duplicate.

The idle on mine is getting very bad, at night the headlights dim down and brighten up with greater frequency as the engine idles on the edge of death, rattling, jarring the cabin as it misfires. I must look like a lunatic at night time with my headlights flashing every 3-5 seconds. And in the day time I have to hold the brakes extra hard because the engine tries to die an surges every few seconds so the front end keeps jumping up and down. I bet that looks real cool to other drivers.

Thinking about just trading it in for a Ford or a Dodge truck, the lack of any service at the dealership despite going there 3 times today with an appointment, and was promised a loaner when I made the appointment on Nov 22nd is about the worst I have ever seen.

If I post what was wrong the the Captiva in mid December, that means I kept it, if I never post again, I'll be cruising down the highway in a F150 3.5 twin turbo.

6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

What's the saying? With Friends like that ...

7. Camaro69car

guess you didnt keep it [MENTION=61875]Krull[/MENTION]