12V amp power supply

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Hoyt06, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Hoyt06

Hoyt06 Member

I have an 05 silverado.. Wanting to hook up an amp to aftermarket deck.. My question is I am having a tough time finding a spot on the fire wall that I can run the 12v power supply wire?? I would rather not drill a hole, but would like to find an existing spot to run it through.. This truck is very crowded aginst the fire wall.. Has any one ran a 12v power supply thru their fire wall on a similar truck ,and where did you run it?? Thanks:rofl:

2. Hoyt06

Hoyt06 Member

ANYBODY??????:neutral:

3. Sandhopper

Sandhopper Rockstar 100 Posts

Not sure if there are existing through-hole but there is a very convienet 12 supply on the drivers side of the motor. there is a red box (I think fusable link) that is a great location to grab power. I have pulled power from there for power winches on 4 of my vehicles and never had any problems.

4. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Could you possibly give us a picture Sandhopper?

5. wis bang

wis bang Rockstar 100 Posts

The owners manual for my '05 worktruck calls that a 'remote' point to be used for jumpstarting.

6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

You might have to drill a hole above the Steering wheel or pedals Just make sure that you don't interfear with the pedals and use a rubber gromit in the hole..

7. Hoyt06

Hoyt06 Member

yea thats what I figured I would have to do:neutral:

8. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

On my 04 I have 1 or 2 holes in the driverside firewall. I will see if I can get a pic of the location. Its in the upper left hand corner

9. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

here is where i have run wires. There are two holes just to the right of the master cylinder. comes through behind the black box to the left of the break pedal.

Attached Files:

10. Hoyt06

Hoyt06 Member

thanks for the info.. Ill check it out closer.. I havre already looked there but will look a little closer..:happy: