Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

15" wheels can I fit later model 16"s?

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by Kingstud, Mar 6, 2011.

1. Kingstud

Kingstud New Member

I blew a tire yesterday and am tire shopping, my van is 3/4 ton and loaded with tools so I don't want a passenger car tire. Currently has 235/75/15's but came with 225/75/15's, problem is truck tires in these sizes are limited. It would open up alot of tire options if I had 16" wheels.

I was thinking of going to pick and pull and buying a set of 16" steel wheels off a newer van. but dont know about backspaceing etc. It is 5 lug.
    should work right?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  2. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Your 2500 is only 5 bolt?

Checking the backspacing is easy enough - put a straight edge across the back of the wheel and measure to the mounting surface. Do the same to the prospective 'new' wheel and you'll have your answer. As far as bolt spacing, I can't answer that. Try the salvage yards and find ones that look close, then measure the holes.

Are you sure it's only 5 bolt...?

Good luck,

3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I learned something new tonight. That certainly opens up Kingstud's options!

5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, the Vendura had 5 lugs, the silverado Van had 8 lugs and the 6 lugs came on the light duty 3/4 tons..or something like that. Very confusing..lol

6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

If you need new tires now would be a good time to go to 16" wheels. As you said there are more tire choices for 16" wheels. Check out Stockton wheels.com

7. Kingstud

Kingstud New Member

yup 5 lug 3/4 ton.
    vandura was G10, G20 and G30, they didnt change to 6 lug for 3/4 til a yr or 2 later.
    I found this table might be helpful to somebody else but doesnt look like an OEM interchange for me. I just put one michelin LTX on and am pretty happy with it, 4 of these might be ok.
    but aftermarket options should be good, same wheel as 1/2 pickup from like 68 to 87 or something like that :)

http://www.vehicle-bolt-pattern.com/chevy-lug-reference-guide.html

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011