1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1500 classic chip or programmer

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by basher, Mar 23, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. basher

basher New Member

what would u get a chip or programmer and what brand i have the 5.3l in my truck 2007

2. sharpshooterusmc

sharpshooterusmc Rockstar 100 Posts

depends on what u want, if u want a complete cutom tune where u can tweak it like u want, go with the diablo, but if u arnt mechanicly inclined and want to keep it basic, i would go with the hypertech. its simple and can be installed in miniuts

3. 07silverado07

07silverado07 Rockstar 100 Posts

i would go with a programmer. i have a jet programmer on m 07 classic. but the best programmer on the market is the diablo. and you dont have to mechanically inclined to use the diablo!

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Your truck doesnt have a removeable chip so you need a programmer. The Diablo Preditor hands down.

5. derekj

derekj Rockstar

The diablo and if that is not enough you can get a Lewtune via email.

6. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

correct, you need a programmer...

vehicles no longer use chips any more - haven't for years...

everything is flash-based tuning to the vehicles ECM, which is done using a programmer...

and I concur with the others above, get a diablo predator! ;)

7. ZSI52

ZSI52 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Get a BlackBear Tune. I've heard nothing but good things about the tune.

8. jamison75

jamison75 New Member

i got a hypertech programmer take s bout 10 min to go through it ,it is so idiot proof a monkey could do it ,and it works awsome ....love it and if something happens hyper tech will take care of fixing it (a lil added bonus)

9. Grizzly Guy

Grizzly Guy Rockstar 100 Posts

what about a tuner for the 5.3L that cuts back to 4 cylinders when the 8 is not need,what would be the recomendation in that case

10. 06MonteSS

06MonteSS Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

the diablo predator works with the AFM/DOD vehicles... you can install a tune and leave that functionality enabled, or you can even disable it altogether, so that it is in V8 mode all the time.

If you do leave it enabled, the diablo tunes have adjusted the DOD settings so that you will get better mileage with the DOD on compared to stock settings... ;)