Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1500 or 2500??? Which to buy?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by wilzone5, Aug 1, 2013.

1. wilzone5

wilzone5 New Member

Hey guys im ready to buy me a newer model truck and have been debating and cant decide between a silverado 1500 or a 2500.. whatever I get will not be driven daily and not long distances but maybe once a year. Im looking for something that gets decent gas mileage and something thats reliable. I am gonna be putting a lift and aftermarket wheels and tires on whatever I get and have no clue which one could withstand it the best. I do not pull anything but a jet ski to and from the lake once a year so towing is not on my mind..
    Hope somebody can help me out here

2. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

Only get a 2500 if you're going to going to tow and haul a LOT of weight. Getting a 2500 to just drive around is pointless.

I recommend getting a 1500.

3. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread to the correct section of our Forum and changed your title slightly to more match your topic/question, as this will help in getting you more responses/opinions.

4. 05DuramaxLLY

05DuramaxLLY New Member

I recommend getting the 1500 since you wont be towing that much.

5. Drake_korthos

Drake_korthos Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

the 1500 and 5.3L should do you just fine!

6. grampy

grampy Member 100 Posts

I'd get a 1/2 T also. I have a 2500HD, 6 L, 5spd manual - all original, 15 mpg is a real good day, 13 hwy at 70 or so is more normal. Not complaining, I have need for the 3/4 T. I don't like lifts anyway but a lift will usually cost quite a mileage loss. There's things that can be done to get some mileage back but it all costs money. That may not be a consideration for you but it is for me ! Do a little reading on this site - lots of people just use a leveling kit and some slightly larger tires and nice wheels and not kill their mileage. Just my $.02, KEN

7. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

If you want big tires and bad ass capability, 2500. stronger axles, lower gears, more beefy transmission *cough cough allison cough*.

If you want it for appearance sakes, 1500