Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1500 to 2500 Mirror conversion. how do I do it?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by UWSPBassinMan51, Mar 12, 2013.

1. UWSPBassinMan51

UWSPBassinMan51 New Member

WOndering how much work it would be to put 2500 mirrors on my 2003 GMC Sierra 1500. My current mirrors are not power in any form so I assume it would be a simple bolt-on setup. Any suggestions? what parts do I need to order?

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The diagram below show how to remove the Mirror's from your 03"........from the Inside, just remove the Plastic Trim Piece number #3 in the diagram, and then unbolt, the 3-bolts holding the mirror's, and your done....

.....What Style of 2500/Series Mirror's are you looking to Install??

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  3. redNecKansas

redNecKansas New Member

I do not mean to try to jack this thread but I am wanting to do the same thing. I am going from standard looking power mirrors and want to go to the tow style 2500 mirrors. The problem that I have run into and keep me questioning is that I dont know if my mirrors are heated or not because the only tow mirrors that I have been able to find are either manual, or power/heated or power/heated/signaled. So my question is can I go with the power/heat and be fine without hooking up the heat or will I need to go with the full manual. I do not want to get rid of the power switch/make it useless.

4. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

AFAIK, if you have some power features, the wiring should be in the door for all of the power features.
    Again, AFAIK, the upper mirror is power adjustable (on both sides), I think the upper mirrors are the only ones that are heated. If you find a set with the signal lights, the wiring should be in the door.

I also believe, the extend adjustment is only manual and I believe, the folding part is only manual.

5. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

6. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

unfortunately gm did away with the power extending mirrors, something about costing to much warranty work. all you can get on NNBS trucks is the power glass with manual fold and extend tow mirrors. the regular mirrors can be power everything.

just got done with this on my truck.

Alex