1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1500HD brake rotors.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 02z71, Dec 5, 2009.

1. 02z71

02z71 Member

Does anyone know it you can fit the hubs from a 1/2 ton HD to a regular 1/2 ton (2002)?
    I'd like to be able to use the bigger dia rotors (325mm vs 305mm) and calipers on my 1/2 ton.

I'm assuming you would have to change the hubs in order to change the rotors. Have to change spindles?

Thanks
  2. novaman64

novaman64 Member

There are bigger hubs available. My truck, not sure why or how, has bigger rotors then stock. I didnt know till I went to do a brake job, picked up rotors and brought them home and the old ones were alot bigger, took them back to Kragen and they found the bigger ones that I needed... Only bad thing is that I want to run 16" rims and I cant fit them, wont clear...

My truck is a 06 1500, 6 lug....

http://shop.oreillyauto.com/ProductDetail.aspx?MfrCode=RAY&MfrPartNumber=580279&PartType=221&PTSet=A

Those are the rotors, they are 13" diameter, now Im not sure about mounting the caliper...
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
  3. extibra09

extibra09 New Member

1500HD brake rotors

I dont know where to get it locally, but there are a few sites online that have em. I need new pads too... but nothing that will eat up my new rotors... does anyone know what would be the best?I know non metallic is the way to go but I cant seem to find anything good.
  4. 02z71

02z71 Member

Tire rack has a lot of brake after market prod.

On the Oreilly site the application was 06 - 08 1500's. Maybe they, 13" rotors, were an option for those years? What size rims did your '06 come with?