1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

18" '07 Silverado Z71 Wheels/Tires

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rmreid, Feb 25, 2007.

1. rmreid

rmreid Member

Just bought and mounted a set of like new 18" take off's from a 2007 Silverado - They are painted and match my Silver Birch Metallic Silverado perfectly.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I had them road force balanced and the air purged and filled w/Nitrogen.
  2. LOW_07

LOW_07 Member

i like your taste in truck color.
  3. Canada

Canada New Member

Nitrogen is a joke.
  4. rmreid

rmreid Member

Hmmmm IMO it can't hurt and if it works as described I'll be happy!
    It only cost me $10.00 for all 4 wheels - I had it done while I was having the wheels road force balanced.
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Racer's choice

Nice wheels! "Road Force" balancing is something I do too. On the racecars, I would "strobe" wheel balance to make sure the entire rotating mass was balanced.
  6. LOW_07

LOW_07 Member

How is nitrogen a joke?
    From what i know it doesn't mix with water, thus causing your rim or tire pressure sensors to corrode(if equipped).
    It dosn't leak out, so you don't have keep adding air.

What's the downside? Cost?
  7. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Good lookin' combo! What size are the tires? Also, if I had been buying a "new" truck, I'd have gone with the same color as your's.
  8. rmreid

rmreid Member

Thanks for the compliment; tires are a 265/65/18 all terrain Bridgestone soon to be a Toyo Proxes in a 285/60/18
  9. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice detail! :great:
  10. gfitzge33

gfitzge33 Member

nice

that looks really good actually. im pretty surprised cuz normally i dont like those style rims. nice tires by the way