1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

18 inch wheels and tires

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by 08 SiLvErAdO, Dec 28, 2008.

1. 08 SiLvErAdO

08 SiLvErAdO New Member

what are some good lasting tires at 35x12.50r18?
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Are you looking at all terrain, or mud terrain?
  3. 08 SiLvErAdO

08 SiLvErAdO New Member

i would all terian tires but i could only find pro comp tires, mud terains would work as long as they are not to loud on the highway
  4. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

ProComps will be fine. Anything but Mickey Thompsons, tey are great for off road but will wear out fast.
  5. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 New Member 100 Posts

ive had two different sets of A/T's on my 01 chevy silverado 4x4 had the bfg's and toyo's id say the toyos in my opinion they road a hell of alot smoother. i was runnin 35x12.50 with a 16x8. anything toyo is good, bfg screwed up when they changed there mud terrain
  6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Do the Toyo's have 3 ply sidewalls? <G>

Jim
  7. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have some 35"X12.50"Xr17's Pro Comp All-Terrain, I don't go off-road and they are driven primarily on the freeway. I was surprised at how quiet they really are, I think they are quieter then my BFGoodrich AT's on my S-10. I would recommend them to anyone who drives a lot of road miles, good luck with your purchase.

I am also saddened to hear about Mickey Thompson's bad wear pattern, I had my heart set on a set of Baja Claws. :no:
  8. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would stay away from procomp. I would highly recommend the BFG AT or MT. The new BFG MT KM2 are also great tires.