1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

18X9 Pro Comp 6031's & Nittos 305/60/18

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by BSmith1987, Oct 30, 2010.

1. BSmith1987

BSmith1987 New Member

Well I finally got my pro comp wheels put on the other day. I was having some rubbing issues with my nittos rubbing the a-arms when the wheel was turned all the way but these new wheels have a different off set and let the wheels stick out a extra 1.5 inches and fixed that problem and look awesome....

But now with the new wheels the tires are rubbing the finder wells right up against the cab...

New
    [​IMG]

Old
    [​IMG]

So now I'm trying to think of how I want to fix this new rubbing issue. If I go and try to just do some trimming, its a pretty big chunk of metal and I really don't wanna take a hacksaw to my brand new truck. So I'm leaning towards ditching the leveling kit and going for a actual lift kit...

I'm thinking Rancho??? What do you guys think????
  2. Z71_usmc_rebel

Z71_usmc_rebel New Member 100 Posts

Go with the rough country lifts. They are priced really well and I have had no issues with mine what so ever. I think most people if not all on the site would agree they have a quality lift at a great price! Here is a link to the lifts they have available for your truck! Hope it helps with your decision. http://roughcountry.com/chevy_4wd_1500_lift_kits.html
  3. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Have you thought about buying wheel spacers?
  4. BSmith1987

BSmith1987 New Member

Yeah I was considering rough country main for their price but I came across someones thread that got a rancho for $1100 and that cought my eye.

But yeah I think wheel spaces would make it even worse...
  5. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Mfleetwood on here got his 4" Rancho lift and new shocks for $1100. That lift looks sick and I think it would clear your 305's just fine. ReadyLift has a SST lift that you might want to check out.

Truck looks awesome with new wheel and tire combo!!
  6. lancer

lancer New Member 100 Posts

i bought my first rough country kit for my old 06 and it was the 6" kit to my door was $972 and i just ordered the new kit for my 93 with the kicker braces and it was $999 to my door in 3 days. i've had no problems with my first kit and i'm looking forward to getting started on my second kit (its sitting in my garage next to my tires and driving me nuts!!!!!!!!)
  7. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member 100 Posts

i'm running 18x9s with 5 in of backspace, I have very minor rub on the inner fenderwells .. just make sure your wheels have enough backspace for the lift.
  8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

How would wheel spacers make it worse?
  9. Runnerboy23

Runnerboy23 New Member 100 Posts

Looks so nice man I'm thinking of geting this leveling kit thanks for the pic's.
  10. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich New Member 100 Posts

i think hes running probably a 4.5 or thereabouts backspace, going any further out will cause even worse tire rub, the tires are getting into the fenderwheels near the passeger/driver doors.