Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

19159438 :: Driver Information Center - Upgrade your Silverado in 5 minutes

Discussion in 'GM Parts Club' started by ChevyFan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. kevindsingleton

kevindsingleton Rockstar

Accuracy?

I'm not sure what problems there are with accuracy. I'd say it's right on the money with tire pressure and ambient temperature. It tracks transmission temp very closely with load (up when it should, down when it should). I like having the average MPG readout, but I don't get the "instant MPG". I think it's a bad idea to watch your dashboard readout for instant changes! Eyes on the road!

I'm very happy with my DIC upgrade. I'd say it's money well spent. Now, those tires that cut my mileage by nearly 3 mpg? That's another story!

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It's 100% accurate. What most people forget is that when you're in idle ... you're burning gas. So if you have 10 gallons of gas, then you drive 100 miles and then sit in a parking lot without moving and let the truck running until all the gas is burned ... you're going to show 10 miles per gallon (or less).

Plus it lets you do all the stuff like change your approach lighting and all that too.

3. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

okay, whats the deal with this? is this product still available there? I've tried finding it on the site to no avail and the links arent working either

4. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Give them a call, I talked to the parts director out there and they lost one of the key guys for truck sales, but they're training someone new to replace him.

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Thanks man. I'm very impatient when im bored on location and wanting to buy something.. ebay'd it lol. 79.99 no shipping

6. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

How do I get just the switch? I dont see it on the website. Only saw the switch and panel combo.

7. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

GM Part number 15947841 is just the switch only GMPARTDIRECT sells it for $17.03 or your local dealewr should be able to get it.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my 11 has the DIC. the 05 had the old style DIC. they both work/ed fine. the 05 didnt have the tire pressure, tranny temp, or the instant MPG. they both had added info for the driver, and did the job.

im glad I have it on the 11. more crap to go wrong? yes? but I still think its worth it.

Alex

9. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have ordered from GMPARTDIRECT twice. I will never do it again. The customer service is terrible! They don't protect things well when they ship them. Good luck getting service within a week If you have something damaged during shipping

10. undertheradar

undertheradar Rockstar

If I order the switch only, will it have the mounting bracket attached on it so all I have to do is mark and dremel a rectangle hole ? Please advise.