19159438 :: Driver Information Center - Upgrade your Silverado in 5 minutes

Discussion in 'GM Parts Club' started by ChevyFan, Sep 17, 2009.

1. IanF

IanF Rockstar 100 Posts

My 2010 without the DIC switch had the mounting bracket already on the back of the panel, but, i replaced the panel anyway as I got it for free.

2. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

I'm willing to bet it won't. i upgraded mine and the mounting "brackets" are plastic clips that are molded into the panel itself. IMO best bet: just ebay it (that's what i did) and install the entire thing.

Nothing is going to look as good as factory anyways probably, and our trucks are beautiful, why cause blemishes?

3. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

Is their anything like this for the previous style silverado (03-06)? Would love the feedback my father's 04 tahoe has

4. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

I ordered just the switch ($16 or so plus shipping) and cut out the hole with no problem. The switch snapped right in, I put the plug on, and everything worked as advertised.

[​IMG]

5. squires

squires New Member

what did you use to cut the hole? it looks clean.
    you just traced the switch onto the panel and cut from the outside?
    just poped mine appart to have a look and i too have the mount on the back of the panel
    Why spend $100 when you don't need too

6. BigBlueLB756

BigBlueLB756 Rockstar 100 Posts

Be sure to buy the switch from Steve and I'll give you some hints about installing it.

7. Iowaboy85

Iowaboy85 New Member

What was the process when just putting the switch into the OEM trim piece. Looking at doing this. Any pictures of install?

8. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

wish I had tried that.I bought the whole panel piece and switch in one.
    Could have saved some cash and installed with cutting hole myself!!!

9. Motodeficient

Motodeficient New Member

It would be great to get some more info about how made the cutout in the panel for the switch. I have cut lots of things with a dremel, but I think it would be tough to cut that hole with a dremel and have it look decent. Especially small cuts on top and bottom, the dremel cutoff discs are wider than that cut.