1957 chevy with twin jet engines at drag strip!!!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 383man, Mar 21, 2010.

1. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I went to the las vegas drag strip this weekend while on vacation there to see the super chevy show, awesome show, i'll put up some pics in my albums later, heres a video of a bad a$$ 1957 chevy with twin jet engines strapped on dragging, rediculous lol.

YouTube- 1957 chevy with twin jet engines pulling 7.90 @ 202mph!

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That thing is awsum.
    When I was stationed NAS Atlanta they came out to the base for a charity car show and ran it down the runway, one very fast vehicle.

3. 383man

oh ya, there where faster runners that day, down to low 6's, but for a giant truck like that, that's haulin

4. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yeah when we go to Norwalk Raceway each year he is always there with that truck at the Super Chevy Show, If you want a really fun experience stand behind the truck when it leaves the line! :gasp: Me and my dad were standing in a crowd of people behind the staging lanes when he fired that up, and I think it burned my dads eye brows right off his face. And then when it took off we got plastered with tar from the drag way, we looked like dalmations spotted with asphalt! :party:

5. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy ↑↑↑ Has no life Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd say that truck's more a drag truck with dual jet engines and a 57 Chevy cab tacked on, than a 57 Chevy with a pair of jet engines. It's probably about 3 times the length of a regular 57 Chevy.

6. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Cool video, thanks!!

7. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Sweet, but i have to wonder how hard it would be to make that thing street legal.

8. pmartin816

pmartin816 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Thats a cool truck. Thanks for sharing the video.

9. 383man

hahahaha, what? it's not street legal! :lol:

10. j-schmizzle

j-schmizzle Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

i don't think that truck would pass for a sleeper!!!