1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1957 GMC 100, restored, for sale

Discussion in 'General Classifieds' started by Awesome '57 GMC 100, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Awesome '57 GMC 100

Awesome '57 GMC 100 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site but my love for vintage pickups goes back to when I was a kid. My name is C. Van Tune and I've been an automotive journalist since 1981, including being the Editor-in-Chief of Motor Trend Magazine from 1994-2001. I currently have a TV show on ESPN called "DRIVE."

I want your members to know that I'm placing my fully restored 1957 GMC 100 for sale. The truck is a true time capsule from 50 years ago and has been a California vehicle since new; it still has its black license plate. I am only the third owner, and I searched for years before finding this lil' beauty. It is in wonderful stock condition, with the 270 I-6 and all other items restored to original. The odometer reads a bit over 74,400 miles and I have no doubt those are genuine miles. It looks and drives awesome.

If you're interested, I've listed it on eBay. Here's the link, with a lot of photos and a thorough description:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180144467314

This is a no-disappointments truck that I really want to see go to a GM enthusiast. I will be happy to answer any questions...just call me at 325/998-3398. Thanks, Van
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

update: This is not the truck (I'm not sure anyhow) but I'm adding a photo here to show what that year looks like.

1957-GMC-100-Series-1-2-Ton-Pickup-Truck.jpg

Wow, great looking truck. :great:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is one "Sic" GMC. Deserving of every penny you get for it. Wow!
  4. Dj Friction

Dj Friction New Member

Beautiful........I can understand the cost involved. It looks (and I'm sure it is) excellent.

Someone will have a very nice rig!!!!!

Thanks for the thread
  5. Awesome '57 GMC 100

Awesome '57 GMC 100 New Member

Thanks for the nice words, guys. It drives as sweet as it looks. It was a tough decision to sell it but I'm out of garage space---I'm sure you all know about that!
    Regards, Van
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We're glad to have you aboard, Van. I hope you plan on sticking around with us. Maybe add some great Car/Truck insight? :great:
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site and you were not kidding about such a fine looking classic!:great:

Someday when I grow up I want such a truck in my collection. Best of luck selling her!
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2007
  8. ChevyFan

Many serious inquiries about the truck? Looks like you've got a couple of bites but it's just cracked the minimum entry mark.
  9. ChevyFan

Wish I would have grabbed and saved these photos, this was a gorgeous truck. Maybe I can find them online.