1958" Chevrolet Cameo With ONLY 1.3 Miles!!!....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 99'HEARTBEAT, Mar 5, 2014.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I came across this Today, so I don't know if anyone else has seen and/or heard about this 1958" Chevrolet Cameo....that has Only 1.3 Miles!!!...and was Sold for $140,000.....

“Making History right in front of me:” Steve Ames on Buying the $140,000 Lambrecht Cameo

Thomas A. DeMauro Mar 3rd, 2014 at 8am

[​IMG]
    Photos courtesy Ames Automotive Enterprises.
    Curiosity drew spectators in droves to last year’s Lambrecht Chevrolet auction in Pierce, Nebraska, but it also attracted plenty of buyers looking for low-mileage cars and trucks, some of them never titled. One of those buyers was New Hampshire collector Steve Ames, who came away from the weekend’s auction with perhaps the top prize – the 1.3-mile $140,000 1958 Chevrolet Cameo that headlined the auction.

Here's the Rest of the Article, and Photo's,
    http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/...ve-ames-on-buying-the-140000-lambrecht-cameo/

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I watched the auction back in September, that was the top price on a vehicle at the auction but there were quite a few other prizes that sold also.
    If I remember correctly almost 60 of the vehicles were never previously titled "new" vehicles from the 50's, 60's, and 70's with low mileage.
    Many had less than 25 miles, the distance from Lambrecht Chevrolet to the Lambrecht farm where they were stored for years.