1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1969 k5 blazer 2wd Conversion/ Restoration

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by wholio, Feb 26, 2010.

1. wholio

wholio New Member

I Just recently bought a 1969 k5 4x4 as a project im planning on doing a frame up restoration.
    im trying to remove the body off the frame but someone on here told me to add support to the actual body i was just wondering if someone could help or point me in the right direction
    ive only had if for a week so far and ive remove basicly everything bout the body it self off the frame

Attached Files:

2. wholio

wholio New Member

more pics........

Attached Files:

3. wholio

wholio New Member

the other truck is my donor truck its a 1967 lwd chevy

Attached Files:

4. wholio

wholio New Member

heres where im at right now
    i need help with mounting the 2wd cross member on the 4x4 frame
    has anyone on here done it before
    ?

Attached Files:

5. wholio

wholio New Member

does anyone know of any good drum to disc brake conversion kits
    or where i can find some at?
  6. KidHauler

KidHauler New Member

Welcome to the site!

As far as bracing, check the net for convertable restorations. When I see pictures, they usually weld a brace across the box, behind the seats; then across the door jambs, then criss-cross across the seat area. Does that make sense? You don't want the body to flex - at all - when you remove it. Judging by the floors, that things gonna fold in half when you pick it up. But hey, you're farther ahead than I ever got with my '75!

For your front end, there may be more arch in the front frame on the 4x4, but I don't remember for sure. And, I think I read somewhere that the El Camino of the era swapped in the brakes... but no gaurantee.

Once you get your price list together for parts - take a minute, gets some water, catch your breath, then check out US Body for a fiberglas tub, or Wyoming Classic Cars (.com) for an old metal body.

Good luck, and keep the pictures coming!
  7. wholio

wholio New Member

thanks bro
    ill keep yall updated