1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1972 Chevy

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by e.bressler, Jun 27, 2011.

1. e.bressler

e.bressler New Member

Hey everyone. I am 22 years old and am on active duty in the US Navy. I have driven trucks my whole life and just bought a 1972 C20. The guy who had it before me took good care of it and I am excited to make the few modifications it still needs then finally do some body work and paint it. I am originally from Wyoming but am now stationed in Virginia.

Eric
  2. themikeyjones

themikeyjones New Member

Show us some pictures, I just recently painted my truck. I used a single stage paint, it's real easy and I could give you some pointers.
  3. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service Eric. Sounds like a great truck, x2 on pics!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club ,Eric. X3 on the pictures.
  5. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

WElcome aboard!
  6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club Eric, & thanks for your service
  7. e.bressler

e.bressler New Member

Hey evryone

Thanks for the warm welcome. I will try to get some new pictures up tomorrow. I am getting in my new Edelbrock carburetor in the morning and I will upload some pics of the install.

I was thinking of putting in a better transmission. someone suggested a M22 "Rock Crusher", anyone have any advice. I found a company that does custom transmission rebuilds so if anyone has any ideas of the perfect transmission let me know.

Thanks

Eric
  8. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well if you can get away for a weekend take a ride to Pa for the Truck show in Carlisle.. Lots of parts for your ride.... Aug 5-7th
  9. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I really like the look of early 70's C20's, nice ride! Are you looking at a manual or automatic tranny? What's your budget?
  10. e.bressler

e.bressler New Member

I am going for a manual transmission, I am saving money and buying things as I can afford them. I found a company that sells rebuilt M22's and T-10's for under 2,000 but there are so many options to choose from and i really don't know what is best for my truck, I do plan on doing some towing through the mountains of Wyoming so i do like the granny gear that is in the stock tranny. but at the same time i do want something that I can have some fun on the street with. The company is Garage Motor Sports, all of their transmissions are within my price range both new and refurbished, but I would rather get the best one i can for the least amount of money.

And I think I might be able to make that car show, I will try to get the time off work.

thanks

Eric