1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1977 K10 fuel gauge/tank problems

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by prototype51, May 27, 2010.

1. prototype51

prototype51 New Member

Just got a K10 and have the standard fuel problems....only draws fuel from right tank. Have power from fuse block to switch, has new solinoid and can hear it click when I move selector switch on dash from rh to left tank. No power present on wire from switch to solinoid thou. Also, it takes forever to fill either tank (vent issue?). The fuel gauge was working, but had some dash lights out, so I removed the cluster and found the printed circurit tape broken. I ordered a new one from LMC and put it in, but now the fuel gauge needle remains at the 3 o'clock position. ??? Ground short??? Also the temp gauge was disconnected and a aftermarket one installed underdash. I replaced the gauge (LMC) and sender, connected the OEM wire and the gauge needle also stays pegged at 3 o'clock. Any help would be great!! Tks guys!:glasses:
  2. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

*Threads merged*

Please don't double post your questions on different parts of the board.
    Last edited: May 27, 2010