1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1979 k5 Blazer Fuse Box Help

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by cephea, Dec 28, 2010.

1. cephea

cephea New Member

Hi Everyone,
    I have a 1979 K5 Blazer.

The other day my wipers stopped working, I am pretty sure it was caused by a blown fuse. (I accidently tried to use them while they were frozen to windshield)
    A lot of the print is rubbed off my fuse box, and I cant read where the proper fuses go. Does anyone have a diagram or know where the wiper fuse goes/ what it is labeled on the box?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. cephea

cephea New Member

thanks for the link, It worked for me.
    Hmmm. I found the fuse, it tests to be fine. The link you gave me said there was also a 30A circuit breaker specifically for the wipers, any idea where that would be? (Im guessing that is where my problem is)
  4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Glad it worked for you...thanks for letting me know.

Unfortunately, I do not know where it would be located but someone should be along soon who does. Good luck!
  5. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

probably some wheer on the firewall or close to the wiper motor !!
  6. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  7. stephan

stephan Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Hey Cep, welcome to the club. I'm not sure but I don't think the circuit breaker is your problem. Circuit breakers are meant to break when there is too high a load on a circuit (wipers stuck & w.w. motor overheats) then after the c. breaker cools, it makes connection again & continues this cycle untill the short or the high load dissappears from the circuit. If the c. breaker stuck closed, (on) the fuse should have blown to protect it. If you are sure the fuse is good, then I believe the problem is somewhere else.
    How long were the wipers stuck to the windshield while the wiper switch was on?
    How did you check the fuse? Just to double check your fuse, I would take a fuse from another spot & try it in your wiper position
  8. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome aboard!
  9. canislupis69

canislupis69 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club!