Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1980 GMC Sierra Grande 25 Vin Help

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by BuddKindly, Nov 7, 2011.

1. BuddKindly

BuddKindly New Member

I have just purchased a 1980 Gmc Sierra Grande 25. I am looking to decipher the V.I.N. so I may learn a little more about this truck.
    The V.I.N. is a 14 digit # Starting with the letters TKX. I am not able to find any info on what those letters might mean. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:To the Site......

The first 3 Letters in the Vin(TKX)....mean the following,
    ....T means its a.......GMC
    ....K means its a.......Conventional Cab 4x4
    ....X means what Engine.....which is 6.6 liter....With a 4 bbl Carb

If you go to the Below Link, you should be able to De-code the rest of the Vin Number,
    http://service.gm.com/dealerworld/vincards/

3. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

1980 truck ....wow......any pics..........thanks

4. BuddKindly

BuddKindly New Member

Thanks For Vin Help

I was just not sure about the engine. I really appreciate the help man. I have found that this is a 1980 GMC Sierra Grande K25 1-Ton Dually which was originally purchased as a cab and chassis. It was built in Canada, which I'm told means its better (go figure). The truck has 27,140 original miles. I will try to get some pics on by the end of the week. From what your telling me this truck probably has a 454 6.6L under the hood. I will be finding out more as I go. I'm getting ready to go pick it up in a few hours. Thanks Again

---------- Post added at 02:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Actually I guess it means its a Chevy 400c.i. 6.6L Right?

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Yeah, not sure what the 1980 GMC Sierra Grande package looks like. Someone will help with the VIN I hope, but would love to see some pics of it.