1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1982 Chevy C10 AC

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Christian Gilley, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Christian Gilley

Christian Gilley New Member

i just got my first truck! its amazing but it doesnt have AC in it. it has controls and vents but seems to have had no AC at all. My Dad and I are trying to find out how much it would cost to get one. Im pretty sure we could install it ourselves but we need the system. How much do you guys think it would cost us?
  2. dpeter

dpeter Member

Welcome to the forum and I have no idea how much it might cost. you might be able to get a rough estimate by going to a parts store and pricing out all the components.
  3. Chris Miller

Chris Miller New Member

Probably $1K for the compressor, condenser, evaporator, etc. The difficult part will be installing the evaporator core. If your firewall doesn't have a spot for it, then you'll have to go get it from the junkyard. Then the fun part begins: wiring everything up. :)