1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1982 GMC 1500 pickup - Need GWVR and Tow Capacity

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Indianrv, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Indianrv

Indianrv New Member

Hello, I have recently imported a 82 GMC 1500 lwb pickup into Australia and I need the GVWR so I can register it.
    Also how much can it tow?
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

Try entering you VIN number and see if this website will be of any help to you. I know for my truck it gives both pieces of information you are asking about.

http://www.decodethis.com/VIN-Decoded/vin
  3. Indianrv

Indianrv New Member

Thank you, tried but nothing shown so still looking.

Thank you for the link
  4. mfleetwood

5. Indianrv

Indianrv New Member

Thank you, downloaded the pdf manual and it has details for s10 only not the 1500 v8.
  6. mfleetwood

Sorry, those are the only two sources I know of where you could get the information for free. Because of the year of your truck, it's tougher to find.

I'm going to move your thread away from the Member Intro section of our Forum and edit your title slightly, as this will get you more responses/opinions.

Good Luck!