Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1984 C20 Gas Gauge Wiring

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by GCarter64, Nov 15, 2010.

1. GCarter64

GCarter64 New Member

Long story short previous owner rigged some wiring after removing passenger fuel tank. Wiring wrapped itself around my driveshaft. Gas gauge quit working. I have 2 red and 2 green wires on the passenger side and 2 greens 1 red on the drivers side. The red wire plugs were melted and/or mangled....

I havent been able to find a good wiring diagram for us noobs though I have done a little research.

Can I just patch the greens and reds or is that just the sending unit/tank switch? Guessing on my fuel level is a pain in this beast.

Thanks in advance
    Greg
  2. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

3. GCarter64

GCarter64 New Member

That link doesnt seem to be working... checked it earlier. Stickies are a good thing. =)