1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1984 suburban rear window stuck down

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Beulahtrash, Jul 18, 2009.

1. Beulahtrash

Beulahtrash New Member

Hi I'm new and got a ?, imagine that

My 1984 Suburban rear sliding window is stuck down. I have no power going to the wring back there and I checked the fuses. I took out the sensor that dected if the door was shut. Does anyone know of a wiring diagram for these online? Or does anyone have any suggestions. How do I get the window up to reach the motor and stuff behind the glass. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried searching for info on this already on the forum.

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Check out LMC truck for an exploded view that might help. L MC The regulator, safety switch, actuator switch, or motor could be bad. Check out this website if you need these chev parts www.gmpartsclub.com
    http://www.chevyclub.org/chevy-accessories.html
    I found this info on another forum that may help: (from: dieselplace.com)

3. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

A basic wiring diagram might be in an aftermarket repair manual sold at auto parts stores or might be at your library.

A complete wiring diagram with troubleshooting instructions for this would be in a GM Factory Service Manual set which you probably could order from helminc.com (Older vehicles have several different books to the set like a separate electrical diagrams service manual.)

If you can get to the wires and there is no power there, and you know for sure which wire is which. You could cut a wire or disconnect a connector and run a wire from your battery to get the window up. BE DARN SURE you know what you are doing before doing this! Otherwise you can cause a lot of damage.

I was going to mention about switches back there, but you are ahead of me on that one!

4. Beulahtrash

Beulahtrash New Member

Thank you everyone for your help.