1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1984 suburban scottsdale 6.2 diesel with overdrive questions

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by mespe, Apr 20, 2011.

1. mespe

mespe New Member

Need to replace trans filter, how many quarts of fluid does it hold? Just purchased and I know little about Chevy's. PO states trans slips in reverse while going uphill. I experienced some shudder in 3rd (or OD) once during the 5 miles drive to my shop.
    It was an exciting trip, everytime the service brake was depressed, the steering wheel jerked sharply to the right, not to mention the empty rear brake fluid reservoir.

Only 128K miles and the PO was the second owner, buying it in 1987.

Plans for it are a dual tank heated Waste Vegetable Oil burner.

Anyone with experience in burning WVO in this diesel?
  2. CaliforniaLove

CaliforniaLove New Member

1985 Chevy Suburban Scottsdale C10 3/4 ton 6.2L V8 Diesel

Congratulations on being the owner of the "RARE" Scottsdale! Maybe we could start a new thread since you made this comment so reciently and invite all the Chevy Scottsdale Suburban Owners to chat! I think it would be great as in the last 2 years I have been a Scottsdale owner I have seen NO new threads started online so when I saw this I WAS LIKE , " F%K YEA!

California Love
    outlawtour.com
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2012