1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1985 k-10 charcoal canister?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jakegower, Feb 15, 2012.

1. jakegower

jakegower New Member

I have a 1985 k-10. Awhile ago I took out the 305 and put in a 350. I stripped all the emmision stuff except the charcoal canister. I plugged off the holes in the canister I no longer use. My fuel tank is not vented now cause when I take the gas cap off it is pressurized. I want to remove the canister all together and do away with it. Does anyone know what I need to do? What lines do I need and which do I not? Also, I have to replace my gas tank and sending unit. I was thinking of ordering the sending unit for a different year to have less lines comming out of the sending unit to help me out when I remove the canister. Anyone have any suggestions. Thanks