1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1987 3rd Seat Brackets and Mounting Locations

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by 4wd-burban, Sep 13, 2006.

1. 4wd-burban

4wd-burban New Member

Can anyone provide pictures and measurements of where the brackets go in an 1987 Suburban for the 3rd seat? I've got a 3rd seat that came with the vehicle but it doesn't have any of the brackets to attach to. Apparently Chevrolet does not offer the parts any longer and my usual go to place, lmctruck.com, does not offer them. Sitting a ruler in a couple locations next to the bracket would help me fabricate them (or if there is some place online I can order them even better).

If you could offer measurements to properly locate them on the floorboard it would be appreciated and the pictures would be a visual aid. I'd be happy to take pictures and write up a small how to for posting on the web. I'll be looking at a few salvage yards on my next trip to town (I'm in a rural area).

Thanks.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Any luck with this project?
  3. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Let me see if I can get a pic later. My 86 has the brakets in the floor. But are you looking for pics of those or the part on the seat itself?
  4. 4wd-burban

4wd-burban New Member

No, was hoping 84fiero123 would offer up something. I haven't been in a huge hurry but need to do some serious work to my 98 so I need something that can transport my whole family.

As an aside I couldn't log into the chevysuburbanclub.com homepage, it kept giving me something like: The administrator needs to add you to the whitelist. I've never had that occur before some I'm guessing something strange on your end. The weird part is once I was forwarded to gmtruckclub.com I could log in.
  5. 84fiero123

84fiero123 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

seats

Sorry Dude.

STML

I did go look at the 86 we have out back. But it is full of parts for cars that needed to get out of the garage.

Then I remembered when I took the old seat out I put a new mat down and covered all the mounts.

It may be spring before I can get out there and get some pictures.

PS

If anyone wants me to do something, keep on me, I forget things as soon as I move.

Again SORRY DUDE !
  6. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have the rear carpet out of my dad's 89 Suburban that we are fixin' to sell. I will try to get some detailed pictures this weekend and post them up.