1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1987 beast, whats the best engine mod or upgrade outside of ls swap

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by djtlaz123, Apr 1, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

What's the best mod to the motor.. Is there a tbi to efi bolt on. Or is the only real option is to do a complete swap

Attached Files:

2. geo1

geo1 Member 100 Posts

havent looked in a while,does holley still make proinjection,check their site,nice truck by the way!,to me,cylinder heads are the hidden jewel,check out summit,edelbrock,p.a.w and others

- - - Updated - - -

just looked at pics again,im jealous
  3. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

THanks man,, I thought about heads,, I can find ls1 motors and sometimes trannys for less than 2k. I'd hate to go with heads and other upgrades like long tube headers then realize i wish i would have went ls1,,, by the way I have pulled the interior and changing the red to a black leather dark grey suede combo....
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is SWEET!! I would go 454 Baby!!! Maybe a 427???
  5. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

the ideal of 6.0 would be nice, but I would want to get a little better mileage
  6. TimTom64b

TimTom64b New Member 100 Posts

Its hard to say exactly... heads, cam, intake, exhaust, ignition,. The issue is that you will not reap the full rewards of just one. If I were to do only one... it would be the cam... followed quickly with an exhaust. Keep in mind... if you change the can you most like will need to rejet the carborator on that year.
  7. djtlaz123

djtlaz123 New Member

The more and more I think about it, I'm probably going to just do the ls swap. THe crazy thing is, this truck runs perfectly fine.. I just hate having normal stuff. I'm going to start watching craigslist for a good deal and do the swap in a weekend...Probably do a cam in the ls motor.