1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1987 Chevy R10 - Accelerator and Heat issues.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by airbornehodges, Dec 23, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. airbornehodges

airbornehodges New Member

I am new here, so i suppose i should introcduce my self. Im Steven, im 24 and live in Indiana. I just bought an 87 chevy R10 and it came with a few lingering issues that the previous owner didnt care to fix. I hope that someone here has the smarts to help me out.

First of all, the gas pedal is at first VERY hard to push. Then out of no where, it pushes in and accels rapidly causing me to spin my tires occasionally. This also makes it very hard to keep the truck at 30-45 mph.

Secondly the truck barely blows heat into the cab and wont defrost at all. I have been told that this could be the vacuum home? In the engine compartment on the passenger the this a hole sucking air in that looks like it needs a hose. The only problem is, I don't know where the other end of the hose should go.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I moved this here, should get more exposure.

I'm not sure about the gas pedal. It's got to be something in the linkage. wd40 it maybe at the joint?

About the heat - does it get hot? Even if it's trickling out, is it at least hot?

3. airbornehodges

airbornehodges New Member

I will try the WD40.
    The truck does get warm eventually. When I put my hand to the vent it feels warm.

4. dipstick

dipstick Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Might be cable/ linkage.. throttle plate sticking ..down in tbi. On the heater go to google images type in explodes view of your heating system
    Might need to jump models 87 to 92 .