1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1987 Silverado 350 TBI header helppp!

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Stump1500, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Stump1500

Stump1500 New Member

Hey I am in a pinch here, I need some headers for my 87 so here is the problem. I have the year that they switched to the TBI intake but did not switch the body style yet. So what my question is... is do i go with the 88-95 headers because its the Throttle body motor or do i go with the 66-87 which i assume is the carb motor headers?!? Ahh I dont want to order and have them wrong because i am thinking about getting them off ebay but i think the 66-87 headers are for the carb 350's but im not sure. Ha any help would be great. Thanks in advance. And i will get pics up as soon as possiable!
  2. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

I'm going to take a stab at this. I'm guessing the 67-87 headers would fit in the engine bay better. IIRC the exhaust ports are the same shape and size for the carbed and TBI motors. If I'm wrong forgive me but that's my best knowledge on the subject.
  3. 07XCSB

07XCSB New Member 1000 Posts

The TBI or Carb doesn't change what headers fit the 73-87 truck.
  4. Stump1500

Stump1500 New Member

Awesome thank you guys very much!
  5. Dads chevy

Dads chevy New Member

thanks

thanks. 1st time on any forum. Trying to figure this thing out. Did you rerout the O2 sensor? Thanks for your help.