1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1988 700R4 transmissions problems! HELP

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by SeasMotorSports, Sep 24, 2013.

1. SeasMotorSports

SeasMotorSports New Member

:sign0017:I JUST GOT DONE WITH A REBUILD ON MY 700R4 TRANSMISSION FOR MY C1500 AND IT HAS A 350 IN IT NOW. BUT WHATS GOING ON IS THAT IT GOES IN FORWARD BUT NO REVERSE AND WILL JUST GO IN 1ST AND THE TV CABLE IS NEW AND SET. WHAT CAN BE WRONG AND CAUSING THESE PROBLEMS??:neutral: CAN IT BE THAT A SET BEAT MOVED AND NOT IN YOU RIGHT SPOT??:neutral:

:fighting0037:HAS THIS PROBLEM TO ANYBODY?:fighting0019:
  2. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

I moved your thread to the Powertrain Forum which is the appropriate place to put threads like this.

As to your 700R4 woes, there's only a couple things it could likely be, and they're all interconnected. You are not getting pressure built up in the valve body like it should. Most likely, you have the TV cable set improperly or it's physically disconnected in the valve body. When I changed out my transmission I had issues making sure the hook on the transmission-side of the TV cable stayed on the hook for the valve in the throttle body. The TV cables have to be set exactly right or the transmission will live a very short life.
  3. SeasMotorSports

SeasMotorSports New Member

I check the valve body recleaned it out,tv cable and even replaced it and check the check balls and made sure they was in the right places and when i put it back together today and went for a test drive it. It went in to drive and all the gear then after a 10min of testing the tranny started to slip and i had to feather it for it to stay in gear and then would not stay in any gears at all and i pulled it out and check it everything and still doing slippping like crazy and don't know what it can be now.:neutral:

- - - Updated - - -

does anybody have a picture for the check ball loction diagram, really need it!!!