Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1988 GMC guage cluster swap??

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by Mustangnut, May 23, 2011.

1. Mustangnut

Mustangnut New Member

My dad just bought an 88 GMC and were starting to fix er up a little bit. Neither one of us like the instrument cluster with the moving lines. My question is how do we put a newer model cluster with the needles and maybe even the tach in it? The ones weve looked at in the junk yard have a different plug on the back of em so can somebody point me in the right direction? Thanks for reading
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Sorry I can't help but I'm sure someone here can.
  3. Mustangnut

Mustangnut New Member

Thanks anyway. Im sure Ill have plenty more questions
  4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

If you take a look in my old threads i did this conversion.. It will require a wiring harness conversion from a 1991-1994 truck, and be sure you get the cluster from the same truck. It takes about 8 hours to do everything, and should cost less than $150 for the parts. It actually is quite easy and fun once you get the dash out.. Just take your time. But as i said there is a write up in one of my old threads. Or else if you have more questions let us know.

---------- Post added at 07:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I also moved this thread here to the electrical tech area....
  5. Mustangnut

Mustangnut New Member

Thanks for the info. I was thinking maybe I could splice the harness but after reading your thread.... I dont think Ill try that!! Think me n dad will hold off on this adventure for now. Thanks again