1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1989 Chevy K2500 HID conversion

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by IdahoChevy91, Sep 21, 2011.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. IdahoChevy91

IdahoChevy91 Member 100 Posts

I was wondering if anyone has ever done an HID conversion on a 1989 Chevy K2500 with dual headlamps? I want to get HIDs but don't know what I need to do. On my old car, I just had to plug my HIDs into the existing lense and I was good, but I know I can't do that on my truck. Any help would be appreciated!

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

The majority of HID kits are plug 'n play (plug headlight power connector into ballast, plug HID bulb into headlight) could you maybe elaborate on why you are unable to do this? Are your headlights set up in a strange way? I've never heard of not being able to use HIDs in a K2500 due to the headlight setup.

3. IdahoChevy91

I can't just plug n play because the 89 has four individual composite headlamps. I can just replace bulbs, I have to replace the entire headlamp.

4. IdahoChevy91

here's a pic 2011-09-21_19-03-56_659.jpg

5. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

Gee, looks a lot like my truck!