1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1989 Silverado 1500 Brake Lights Not Working

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by J Mills, Sep 3, 2011.

1. J Mills

J Mills New Member

I just bought this truck the other day. The brake lights don't work at all. No lights at all, for anything. The turn signals aren't blinking fast like they would if a bulb were blown either.

I'm not really sure where to start with this. If anyone has any advise on where to start I'd really appreciate it. I'm familiar with a multimeter and have one for work so I just need to know where to start.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Don't want to be painfully obvious, but you looked into the fuses? check the brake light switch behind the brake pedal. My switch broke on my old 88. I would not suggest a bad ground - each brake light should be grounded individualy.

headlights work? interior and dash lights work?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  3. J Mills

J Mills New Member

Haha yes I checked the fuses. Interior and dash lights do work. I'm gonna check the switch in the AM. Anything else I could check if the switch is still OK? Thanks for the reply.

4. J Mills

J Mills New Member

Ok so this is worse then I thought... I reposted another topic outlining my issues.