1990 C1500 Stalls

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by cmlindauer, May 14, 2012.

1. cmlindauer

cmlindauer New Member

I have a 1990 Chevy Scottsdale with a 350. It has recently started stalling at traffic light and when idiling, then it is very hard to start. It cranks and cranks over a lot until it starts. I have no vacuum leaks. I have checked to make sure the throttle body is bolted tight as well as all screws in the throttle body are tight. I cleaned the throttle body last week with throttle body cleaner and thought that cleared it up.Today it stalled once on the road and later I shut it off at the mall and it took 20 mins to get it to fire up almost killing the battery before it started. Any one have any ideas as to what I can check???? It is not generating any dash lights (SES, SE)...
    Thanks for any help you can provide
    Mike

2. dustdevil

dustdevil New Member

I would check the ignition module . Some part stores will test them for free. You will have to remove it and bring it to them,on your truck should be easy. Have them run the test several times to build heat in the module as a cold one may not show any failures.

3. cmlindauer

cmlindauer New Member

Thanks I will give it a try.
    Any other possibilities I should be thinking of if it is not the ignition module?

4. cmlindauer

cmlindauer New Member

Dustdevil
    It was the ICM. Runs great now.
    Thanks