1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1990 Chevy 1500 Silverado body mounts R&R ?

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by JTWard, Oct 20, 2013.

1. JTWard

JTWard Member 1 Year Gold Member 100 Posts

I want to replace the full set of the body/cab mounts, anyone ever do this and if so where can I get a full set of polyurethane mounts and the hardware needed to replace all six of the mounts? I was told the bed doesn't have mounts like the cab portion does ? Thank you ! :sign0196:
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I know for sure that LMC truck has a polyurethane kit for the mounts. To me it would be pretty straight
    forward, undo mounts, support cab corner with jack, put new ones in.
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

A lot like putting in a body lift.
    Loosen all 6 mounts, gently so as not to break wires or a/c lines, lift one corner, pull old puck out and put in new one.
    Your bed should have 4 body pucks too.
  4. JTWard

Well Ok guys, I tried all of the part warehouses we all know them by heart. Some had some of the parts like the radiator support, they had the cushions but not the bolts. They said I could go to a hardware store and buy some but again they didn't have a complete kit. So I gave up and went to LMC. They had the whole 42 piece kit for the trucks cab mounts, and they carry a complete radiator support kit, in Total, $ 404.95, but at least it is coming and the body shop just needs to clean the mounts and install the rubber cushions ! The one odd thing was Bob, who owns the body shop told me to get "Rubber" mounts, not polyurethane because the polyurethane is a much harder ride. So LMC came to the rescue once more. It's expensive but I don't know it's my truck and I'm kinda like Howard Hughes, I just spend money on things most folks wouldn't but I've been doing this for years and I'll most likely keep doing what I do? What ever !
  5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

If your looking for comfort, less vibration, reduced noise transfer, then Bob was correct.
    Poly pucks dont deteriorate as fast, and reduce the slight amount of sway you get between body and frame.
    Many mechanics will use poly on off-road trucks but normally theres so many other items causing noise and vibration that this added transfer isnt noticed.
  6. Submariner

Submariner New Member

I just did this on my 89 and I purchased the OEM mounts from my local Chevy dealer, the 4 cab mounts and the 2 radiator mounts. Be careful to note that there are two different sizes for the cab front and cab rear. The cab rear are slightly larger.
  7. JTWard

Thank you, That's some very useful info, as the cab kit and the radiator kit are two separate kits, so I'll want to make sure to label them as soon as I get them. Sure as heck don't want to make any mistakes now ! Thank you !