1990 chevy silverado 4x4 5.7

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by glen, Jun 3, 2012.

1. glen

glen New Member

i bought this truck back in november of 2011.. has a 15000 mile engine in it...when i drive it and i come to almost a stop it seems like it wants to die...it almost sounds like it does...but it never actually dies on me...doesnt hapen all the time im not smart enough to figure out what the deal is... but i am a good wrench so any ideas would help thanks?

2. Jimmeh

Jimmeh Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sounds like a fuel issue, almost like a vapor lock? I would try the basics first, and you can't get more basic than checking out that fuel filter! Welcome to the site. If you do happen to find the issue, please report back so others may be able to search it out!

3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

We are the Borg. Lift your vehicle and surrender your keys. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile. Erm, I mean ... welcome to GM Truck Club! :great:

4. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

:sign0016:Welcome to the club and enjoy the site........

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the GMTC, it's good to have you with us. :glasses:

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the G M T C !

7. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club!

8. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome...........

9. kw70chevy

kw70chevy Member

if it is a throttle body look on the pass side on the throttle body there is a about a 15/16 nut on the side un screw it it has a spring valve in it it gets gummed up it will mess up the idle clean it with carb cleaner .screw it back on.

10. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!