1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1990 Chevy Silverado

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by quackman, Jul 24, 2010.

1. quackman

quackman New Member

Hey guys, I am a newbie! I have replaced the A/C compressor on my 90 model Silverado, the new comprssor seemd to be a little differnt than the OEM compressor, the old compressor has O Rings where the hoses bolt to the compressor, the new one came with a red and green metal O ring with a rubber seal in the middle and a few other thinner O rings that are the same as the colored ones, I do not know which ones go back in the compressor also there seems to be a sensor in the top of the compressor with a button type fitting, the old had a small female plug and the male is wired to the vehicle. Does any one know how I need to fix this problem? The new compressor came from a GM A/C parts distributor so I know thw compressor is the right one for the truck! Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

The o-rings are colored for pressure ratings. The red is for high pressure (pass side outlet) and the green is for low pressure (you guessed drivers side line)
    As for the fitting you will need to get a connector from a 1993-1995 Silverado since yours isnt the same as replacement pumps. Match the color of the wires. black to black, and green to green (should be anyhow) and plug it in. The button connector on the back doesnt need to be hooked up. Once you have it wired up then you can charge the system.
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club.
  4. quackman

quackman New Member

Got compressor and accumulator installed on Saturday, had her charged up today and every thing seems fine, I actually found out that one of the guys I work with has a brother who runs a automotive shop and he vaccumed the system and charged it for $45, thought i got a real deal on this!!
  5. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Yeah your telling me.. Usually a shop will charge a minimum of $150 to even touch your AC.