Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1990 GMC Sierra 1500 Running Real Bad

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by ColoradoDale, Jun 25, 2013.

1. ColoradoDale

ColoradoDale New Member

5.7 L, 100K miles. Bought this truck last week. Idles great, but no power.
    Check engine light was on, indicating bad throttle sensor and knock sensor.
    Replaced o2 sensor, EGR Valve, knock sensor and throttle sensor. Has new gas tank and fuel pump. replaced fuel filter. No more check engine light, but still no power. EGR solenoid checks out. Diagnostic computer doesn't find anything out of ordinary. Checked for vacuum leaks. Has new exhaust including catalytic converter on back. New distrib. cap and plug wires.

Later, found leaking gasket around back side of throttle body. Replaced gasket. Still running bad.
    Tested fuel pressure on engine side of filter. Reads 17 PSI.
    Check-Engine light comes on once in a while. Code indicates engine is running lean.

Any ideas what is still causing lack of power? Runs like only using half of the cylinders.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
  2. Bare

Bare New Member

mine was running bad and just quit on me. I changed the fuel filter and cap and rotor, plugs and wireset and it's like a new truck
  3. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

make sure you gapped the plugs properly. Shhould be at .035". it's not much, but it's a start. A guy on gmt400 gapped his at .045" because he was told it was better performance wise, and he said it ran like complete crap.